Friday, March 4, 2011

Yellow Design


Ok!  So if you have not heard already, Yellow is the new popular color!  I have seen it every were in new designs lately, and it is so gorgeous!  It brings a bright and cheerful light to a room with just one accent piece!







Here are two lovely front doors! A person can tell so much about you by just looking at your front door.  This adorable cottage style home uses a light color yellow to capture a simple, yet inviting and welcoming first impression. 
 In the November post Style Starts With Curb Appeal  we talked about how you can tell so much about a person just by looking at their front door! 






This door uses a much more bold color yellow, it just screams fun, but traditional!  So?  Are you getting inspired?  I am...I just wish I could paint my door!  But alas that is not allowed in our condos.




I couldn't get over how unique and cute these stares were!








I
LOVE
This over sized chair!   It has a simple tufted design, with just a touch of WOW~!




This is a very easy way to add a little yellow to an already decorated space, yellow goes well with quite a few colors!


OK, You all know that I am in the process of remodeling my laundry room!
LOOK AT THIS!

They have used a yellow wallpaper, or stenciled the walls to add a light, almost cottage look!
Although my laundry room would only look like this long enough to take the picture,
then never again!



Here is a great idea!  Make, or buy, an upholstered head board that will add a pop of color to your room.  I am in the process of making a glamorous one for my daughter!  Accept  it is outrageously girly and pink. :-)


This is a great idea to add that pop of color with out changing the entire room, use ceiling medallions, or paint stripes!


Or just paint your existing mirror for a quick and easy change!


Something simple like reupholstering your bar stools can give you that pop that will keep you in style!
Wasn't this fun?  It makes me SO eager to get up and clean (badly needed) my house!
Happy Friday!




1 comment:

  1. Ohhh!! I love the laundry room. Mine is so small, maybe a touch of yellow will brighten it up!
    CJR @ The Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete