Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Recent Project!

Hello Everyone!  Thanks for popping by!  I hope your week is being good to you!  This is one of my latest projects!  One of the most darling little girls wanted a vanity/desk to keep her girly things in, but have enough storage for her school with out taking up her entire room.  Our goal was to save money, with out compromising style!  These were the inspiration:

We loved the storage that this one gave!

We loved the mirror, and charm of this vanity.
She also wanted drawers to be on top to use as a jewelry box
Here is what we found...

The lines of the desk were perfect!  The drawers curved, it was charming.  Apart from the mirror.  It was cute, but not anywere close to what we were looking for. 

So I took it off and replaced it with this darling jewelry mirror! It looks beautiful!

I measured the desk and the mirror to make sure it was completely centered.
then took all the knobs off and spray painted them a different color to go with the rest of the medals she had in her room.


Here is what it looks like now!  Antiquing or Distressed?......Both!
After antiquing the carved areas, I lightly distressed the edges.  Here is what it looks like now!

Isn't it just Darling?


It is just perfect!  We didn't come close to half the price we would have had to buy the others for!  Here is something to inspire you!  For one fourth of the price you would have to pay to have something as fancy, and adorable as this, DIY is the way to go! Of  course I am always here to help!






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am browsing your site and loved how you transformed this vanity. I'll be a new follower. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful..what kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete