Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Antique Drum Table Revived!

Hello!  Glad you popped by to see the latest post!  Here is a 19th century drum table that I just refinished!  Isn't it darling!  I think since it is too tall to be a normal height end table, it makes a perfect writing desk, or an entry way table!  I have been wondering what I should do with it, and today I was picking up some black paint to finish off some of my other projects and saw this  amazing color!  I knew right away that it would be perfect!  Here is what I started out with!  
OK, so it is not the actual one, I got this picture off the Internet.  I forgot to take my before picture. :-(

So!  As you can see it is beautiful!  But the top of my table wasn't in very good condition.  The leather was beyond repair.  It was such a beautiful piece, and the owner (at a yard sale) was just going to throw it away!   I knew I could come up with a way to save it. 

Here it is now!



I Love the crystal knob!

This table was built very well, it is nice and sturdy, and now has a ton of character!  I am going to be sad to see it go!  Yes!  It is for sale.  $125.00 

No comments:

Post a Comment